Military and Veteran Concerns
Are you active military or a veteran?
Active-duty service members, veterans, and their families have unique experiences, resilience, and needs. Therapy Owls has additional training in supporting these populations and direct experience with military-affiliated individuals, couples, and families.
We understand the concerns that you may have, as a service member or veteran, about seeking therapy for yourself and/or your family. We are open to discussing concerns about confidentiality, trust, scheduling around deployments and tasking, transitioning to civilian life, and your specific needs before beginning therapy or as part of the intake.
Some of the therapeutic approaches we offer that are proven to be helpful to the military-and veteran-affiliated clients include:
- Person-centered talk therapy
- Strengths-based approaches, building on the strengths unique to the military and veteran communities
- Trauma therapies, including EMDR and Brainspotting
- Addiction and recovery counseling
- Grief and loss counseling
- Counseling for moral injury
- Support for career transitions and transitions out of military service
- Couples therapy, specifically the Gottman method
- Family therapy, including play therapy
- Group therapy, when there is enough interest from clients